Sunday, July 25, 2010

Populists Will Break the False Left-Right Political Paradigm

I came across this piece today, and it's the first political article I've read in a long time that really made me think and want to post. I have even used the term "Progressive Libertarian" to describe myself, having no idea others do as well.

I especially like the point about non-establishment ideas and groups being co-opted by the ruling powers on the left and the right. Ours is a hopelessly binary system, a ridiculous duopoly cemented in place by leaders with zero interest in affecting any real change. The Carlin quote (bolded below) is a particular favorite of mine.
Amid the perpetual blame-game, both Republicans and Democrats are equally controlled by the same multinational corporate interests whose agenda always moves forward. As George Carlin famously quipped: “It’s one big club, and you ain’t in it.”
Heres the whole thing: Can Populists Break the False Left-Right Political Paradigm?

3 comments:

  1. Yes, we all know you like to throw your vote away on third parties and then feel good about yourself as Democrats and Republicans ruin the country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, it feels terrible because I know I'm just pissing in the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. me to jimmy

    but i keep pissing in the ocean

    it's my nature

    ReplyDelete