Monday, March 9, 2009

If you read one article today...

... read this one. 


Suddenly, bloggers, opinion people, columnists and, yes, pundits who haven't paid attention to anything I have been saying or writing for the past 18 months are all over me. Suddenly, I find myself in the center of a firestorm over Obama's economic policies, taking enfilading fire from the "liberal" media (from serious columnist Frank Rich to entertainer Jon Stewart) while being defended by Rush Limbaugh, the standard-bearer for the Republicans.

I'm uncomfortable being in the crosshairs of columnists and comedians I enjoy, and I find the embrace of Rush Limbaugh most certainly strange if not antithetical to many of my viewpoints...

....

If you voted for Obama or are some how deaf to legitimate criticism of Obama, please read this article by Jim Cramer.


2 comments:

  1. How can you complain about Obama (after voting for him!) when he's doing everything we expected him to do?

    Cramer's a hypocrite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted that article in response to another post. I love that guy and i think he's right on.

    Here's some more:
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/29611833#29611833

    also, I think it's possible to vote for someone and be unhappy with him if he doesn't follow through in the way you believed he would. He's not doing everything I expected him to do. I expected the election to be very close, instead, democrats kicked ass. As a result, it appears Obama has gone farther left rather than back towards the middle, which is what I was hoping and expecting him to do. I don't think that was an unreasonable assumption.

    Like Cramer, I agree with most democratic agenda, on principle, but I think Obama is trying to push through a decade of (expensive) democratic reforms all at once at the most inappropriate of times.

    Where is the moderate party!!?

    -Matt

    ReplyDelete