Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Seek out and silence the opposition

I couldn't believe this when I read it... but holy crap its true:

From the White House website:

Scary chain emails and videos are starting to percolate on the internet, breathlessly claiming, for example, to "uncover" the truth about the President’s health insurance reform positions.

There is a lot of disinformation about health insurance reform out there, spanning from control of personal finances to end of life care. These rumors often travel just below the surface via chain emails or through casual conversation. Since we can’t keep track of all of them here at the White House, we’re asking for your help. If you get an email or see something on the web about health insurance reform that seems fishy, send it to flag@whitehouse.gov.

WHITE HOUSE, 2009: 'VERY FALSE IMPRESSION'...
West Wing Web Attack Against Drudge...
WHITE HOUSE SEEKS HEALTH CARE 'DIS-INFORMATION' INFORMANTS...

Did the White House just ask citizens to turn in "dis-informers" ... man, there is a fine line between opposition and disinformation. I hardly think the White House in in the position to be calling the opposition disinformers.

I suppose if your definition of "disinformation" is information that is different from the information you are providing I guess the opposition could be called dis-informers.

Some people might call it freedom of speech.

"Scary emails" haha oh noz! Wow, really?

Think for me Obama, I have no mind of my own, tell me what to believe, I will follow you! Me not smart, tell me how to make up my mind!


2 comments:

  1. Unbelievable.

    Welcome to the totalitarian new Amerika. The U.S.S.A.

    Land of the oppressed, home of the sheep.

    Check your liberty at the door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fvcking America.

    You control the White House, The Senate, The House and the mainstream media. Present your ideas and plans clearly and logically and let the people make up their minds. Silencing the opposition is never a good idea, no matter how wrong you think they are.

    ReplyDelete