Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Shoe-icide

"I didn't have much time to reflect on anything, I was ducking and dodging," Bush said.

The journalist was "looking for notoriety," Bush said, adding that authorities shouldn't "overact" in their treatment of him. 

"First of all, it's got to be one of the most weird moments of my presidency," he said. "Here I am, getting ready to answer questions from a free press in a democratic Iraq, and a guy stands up and throws his shoe. And it was bizarre, and it was an interesting way for a person to express himself."

He added, "I'm not angry with the system. I believe that a free society is emerging, and a free society is necessary for our own security and peace."


Can all the Bush haters throw George a bone here for handling this pretty darn cool?

2 comments:

  1. I agree, Bush played this cool, both during the actual incident and afterwords.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think one of his quotes was: "He threw a show at me, so what?"

    hahaha good reflexes for an old guy.

    ReplyDelete