Thursday, January 1, 2009

Why am I not surprised?


The mysterious problem surfaced late Tuesday and early Wednesday as Internet message boards were flooded with complaints about Zunes freezing, prompting Y2K-like speculation about end-of-year hardware or software problems.

"It seems that every Zune on the planet has just frozen up and will not work," posted a Mountain Home, Idaho, user on CNN's iReport.com. "I have 3 and they all in the same night stopped working."

Zune users, particularly of the 30-GB version, have been waking up to find their music players are part of an apocalyptic meltdown.he Zune icon and a loading bar. The reports seem to have started coming in at around midnight Tuesday and have continued to mount.


4 comments:

  1. That is really fucking funny. I'm no Apple fanboy, I don't like using Macs, but I have to say, iPods just work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you embed links in comments? Anyway, there's a really funny photoshop of a Zune here: http://blog.wired.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/12/31/zsod.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was telling Mike, I don't know a damn thing about programming in anything other than BASIC, but this seems like a really silly thing for MS to let slip by, especially after the whole planet freaked out about y2k bugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh NOS! PC is so lame! Justin Long is my hero!

    Fuckin fags.

    ReplyDelete